• Home
  • Blog
  • How Many Australian Visas Are There?

How Many Australian Visas Are There?

How Many Australian Visas Are There?

Are you confused about which visa to get to have a trip to Australia? Do you want to navigate the Australian Visa Maze? Are you planning to get an Australian permanent resident card? You are at the right place. Australia offers a wide range of visas for various purposes like family reunions, tourism, permanent residence, employment, etc. If you dream of having a trip to Australia then understanding the visa types is important. In this guide, we will discuss all about visas.

Tourists Visa

We all have gone through a phase, where we have fallen in love with the country that we are on a visit. Its people, culture, landscape, education, and business opportunities attract you. Do you know that you can stay permanently while being on a tourist visa? Here are ways

Visitor Visa

It is a Subclass 600 and allows you to apply for 3, 6 or 12 months on this tourist visa. Keep in mind that you can’t apply for this visa when you are on a working holiday in Australia.

Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)

It is a Subclass 601 and Subclass 651, with different price ranges. In order to apply for any one of these, you should be from a specific country. To know more about these countries, visit the official website.

601 and 651 allow you to visit the country as many times as you want within the span of 12 months. The processing time of these visas is fast.

Working Holiday Visa

Australia's Working Holiday Visa program offers opportunities to young people from specific countries to visit Australia, explore the country and do a temporary job here to fund their trip expenses.

This program consists of two subclasses: Subclass 417 (Working Holiday Visa) and Subclass 462 (Work and Holiday Visa).

Subclass 417 is for people who are between the ages of 18 to 30 (or 35 for some countries). This visa is for 12 months and an extension for an additional 12 months is also possible. The maximum number of months that you can work for one employer is 6 months. This visa is available to passport holders who are from specific countries.

Subclass 462 is much similar to subclass 417 but is open to passport holders from different countries compared to Subclass 417.

Work Visas

To work in Australia for many years, you need to have a work visa. However, not everyone can get this visa. Here are its different categories

Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) Visa (Subclass 482): Many times Australian employers want to hire skilled workers. If you are one of those, then you are eligible for TSS. This visa is valid for up to 4 years, depending on your occupation. You can also include your spouse and kids on this visa. This visa can also be renewed.

Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189): This visa is given to individuals who are either sponsored or are offered a job offer letter in Australia.

Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190): Sometimes Australian state or territory governments nominate skilled workers. In such cases, these individuals are eligible for Subclass 190.

Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 491): For skilled workers willing to work in regional areas.

Family Visas

Partner Visa (Subclasses 309/100 and 820/801): If your partner or spouse is Australian Citizen or permanent resident in Australia, then you can easily get this visa.

Parent Visa (Subclasses 103, 143, 173, 804, 864): For parents of Australian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens.

Child Visa (Subclasses 101, 102, 117, 445): If a child is dependent on his/her parents who are either Australian Citizens or permanent residents, he/she is eligible for a child visa.

Business and Investment Visas

Australia's Business Innovation and Investment Visa program is a pathway for those entrepreneurs and business persons who want to either expand their business, establish a new business or wish to make significant investments in the Australian state. There are various Subclasses including Subclasses 188/888, Subclasses 891/892 and Subclass 132.

Refugee and Humanitarian Visas

People who want to seek asylum, protection, or humanitarian assistance in Australia are eligible to apply for this visa. It is usually granted to people outside Australia.

Subclass 200 - Refugee Visa: This visa is for those individuals who are subject to persecution in their home country and came to Australia for protection.

Subclass 201 - In-country Special Humanitarian Visa: This visa is for those people who are discriminated against in their own country for various reasons and they were never granted any human rights.

Subclass 202 - Global Special Humanitarian Visa: It is similar to Subclass 201 but this visa is given to those individuals who have an eligible sponsor in Australia.

Subclass 203 - Emergency Rescue Visa: Individuals who are subjected to persecution in their home country and need urgent resettlement in Australia.

Subclass 204 - Woman at Risk Visa: Many women in third-world countries are discriminated against for their gender. These women and their children are not safe in their home country and are victims of domestic violence. If such women flee to Australia, then they are eligible for this Subclass Visa.

Special Purpose Visas

Special Purpose Visas include Medical Treatment Visas, Sports Visa, Entertainment Visa (for entertainers and crew working on the film), etc.

Resident Return Visas

If you are a former Australian permanent resident who wants to return to Australia then you are eligible for a Resident Return Visa (Subclasses 155/157).

Citizenship Test

There are so many visas that one can look into before visiting Australia. There is also a way through which you can get a permanent nationality. To get citizenship you need to be eligible for certain criteria and pass the Australian Citizenship Test.

Share this post